Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TIMID TECHNOLOGY

It's an unfortunate truth....I am a timid user of technology. If something does not do EXACTLY as the written instructions explain I am TERRIFIED of trying something different. In the past when I have tried something "different," that is usually what I got...something DIFFERENT....not pleasant, or what I wanted....DIFFERENT, being a euphemism for ANNOYING! This was the case with my Blog setup....differently ANNOYING!

Ardis Kay came home from Cambridge one week early....HOORAY! With seemingly no effort whatsoever she took my Blog in hand and created this work of beauty! She surprised me by posting one of my favorite pictures of all time at the top.

On my 50th birthday Ardis, Sarah, and I went to the coast. Oh how I LOVE to hear the breakers crash upon the beach. I love to soft shoe in the waves, or tap dance. I love to dance the grapevine step and sing, "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair," from South Pacific.

The only thing that would have made the day better would have been having Nyle with us. He was simply too ill to come with us. Fortunately his health has improved in many ways since then!

As sunset began to arrive Ardis (our photographer supremo), and Sarah (dance enthusiast) decided to take a very specific shot. They wanted to catch Sarah leaping gracefully into the waves. The shots that resulted are amazing. They bring to my mind that magical moment in time. Looking at the picture I can hear Ardis saying, "1, 2, 3 JUMP. 1, 2, 3, LEAP!" The results were ever so rewarding. I can also hear Sarah giggling madly as she jumped, and leaped, and jumped, and leaped some more.

The musical sounds of our girls was framed by the backdrop of screeching seagulls, and wave harmony. The sun cast long shadows as it descended towards the horizon.

Ardis created not just a Blog background but another precious memory. What a blessing our daughters have been and are in our lives. Thank you girls for your gifts that have taught us, and for your patience when we are all too human. We LOVE YOU BOTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment