Monday, July 23, 2018

Things That Go Bump In The Night

Dot, my comfort kitty, dashes madly about.  She has a very unique feral meow.  It could raise the short hairs on the back of the most hardened person's neck.  If that is not sufficient to awaken me, next she will begin to bat the long springy thing that is meant to keep the door from bashing into the wall.

My husband had a laser pointer.  It existed only for the purpose of exercising our cats and dog.  He would move it about with the glee of a child.  Dot, our kitty, would follow that tiny red dancing light until she was exhausted.

The last month has been tremendously stressful as I travel to various clinicians.  Last week was the nightmare climax as I learned that breast cancer IS BACK!  I now call my left breast The Two Timer.  This is in reference to the fact that this is my 2nd bout of cancer in that breast.  It wasn't enough to disrupt my life once, apparently twice is even better.

He died six and one half years ago, my beloved husband.  I'm not a psychic.  Yet I know that Nyle lives on, now in spirit form.  If he could find a way to let us know that he's still here, it would be with a spiritual laser pointer.  It could just be an imaginative comfort on my part.  On the other hand, comfort is comfort and the image of Nyle still teasing and playing with Dot brings me great comfort.  This feline frolic happens about the same time most nights since I received the BIG C diagnosis.

My honey was part feline, part canine.  Animals in need would walk to him, literally off the street.  Dot is his last rescue.  We have only a guestimate to her age.  She must be about 12, but I find myself hoping that she will live to a very old age.  On the other hand, I hope that I am not awakened every single night for the next six or seven years!

For me, she is the "thing that goes bump in the night."  As I type her eyes are wide, and she keeps looking about as if she is concerned by what she sees.  I wish that I could see what she can, especially if she can see my soul mate, my husband of  thirty-three years of here and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment