Friday, February 17, 2012

Weddings and Such

Our niece Garnet got married today. It was the best kind of day...the day when the sky is clear, blue, and beautiful. In addition it's a day when two great families are joined together in marriage. I have a feeling that for the rest of my life family occasions will be when I feel the closest to my beloved Nyle.

Nyle became very ill on our wedding day. He fainted, and well tossed his cookies to put it mildly. So jokingly he told Garnet NOT to do that on her wedding day. I think it may have worked to the opposite for she spent a great deal of her reception desperately sick to her stomach. YIKES!

They were both the youngest in their families....here's hoping that is NOT a familial trait!

It is such a great thing to be connected to loving people. I have made the astute judgment that one can NEVER have too many people to love. That is a VERY good thing in our family because we have a HUGE family. I have over 70 first cousins....I only have one sister, and one brother, but I have four brother-inlaws, and five sister-in laws. (That's between both my husband and I) We have 32 nephews and nieces, and over 40 great nephews and nieces. We even have ONE great great niece!! AWESOME!

So, I am grateful forever for the blessing of family. I'm also grateful for friends that become family as you move through life...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Through good, bad, and indifferent, a loving family is one of the greatest blessings that life can give. Now for those of you who haven't this blessing, create a loving family from your circle of friends...I know it's possible. When we lived in Oregon for 17 years we had no family there but our own little circle. So over the years we gained a family that was there for us through good, bad, and indifferent. I will ALWAYS treasure that part of our family as well.

I want to thank all of you, that have blessed my life. I hope that there is NEVER a time that I have offended any of you. If I ever do please know that IT'S NOT ON PURPOSE. Talk to me about it...sometimes I'm a little slow. (OK, so I'm getting pretty close to those Senior Moments that I've heard about).

No comments:

Post a Comment