Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Think the World is Glorious

When I was a little girl I would go to Primary which then was a meeting held once a week for children. One of my VERY favorite songs was, "I Think the World is Glorious." The lyrics were, "I think the world is glorious, and lovely as can be, the birds and bees and blossoms bring sweet messages to me, I sing, and sing, and sing, and sing, a song of joy and love. I sing, and sing, and sing, and sing, my thanks to God above.

Those words are very sweet to me today as I look out of our large windows into the sunshiny day. The snowcapped mountains that ring our valley rise up in jagged majesty into the lightly clouded blueness of sky. The neighborhood where I live has 5 condominium complexes. They are new (ish) and attractive. On the south of our street are fields of cows, sheep, and various types of crops. To the west of us are fields where currently horses reside. It is a lovely blend
of features.

As I walk around in this beauty I give thanks to God for creating such a lovely world. It makes me feel humble inside to think that He created all of this beauty for me....for you...for all of his children in all the world. He made the earth a lovely place to give us comfort and joy as we came to this earth and spent our lives here. The prophet David said, "Who is man that Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels."

So here we are, "A little lower than the angels..." Take even five minutes today to watch the sunset in the power of heavenly color. Go for a walk with a child, a friend, a friend's child. The most important thing, give thank's to our beloved God for this beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment