Sunday, October 23, 2011

God's Glory

Four years ago we moved from Oregon to Utah. It has been joyous reconnecting
with lots of family. We started an annual tradition of driving up the Alpine Loop
every fall to rejoice in the glorious colors of Autumn.

It's impossible for me to see the craggy rocks bent, and folded with trees growing
everywhere and NOT believe in God. Maybe it's because I LIKE to believe that
the created can NOT exist without a Creator.

I always have enjoyed the analogy that saying the earth came about by chance
was like taking a box filled with the letters of the alphabet A through Z, tossing
it in the air and having it come back down as an organized, bound, dictionary.

How I LOVE to sit comfortably in a well built automobile, with climate controls
as I witness God's splendor. As we travel smoothly along I think of my ancestors
who climbed over, and through mountain passes without the benefit of automotive
splendor.

I also am grateful for the wonderful family that I enjoy. Being in their company
makes everything better...both the good and the bad.

I want to end as I began. I saw God's glory as I traveled through the craggy
beauty of Autumn in the mountains. I also saw his glory in his children,
and even in the amazing automobile that carried us through!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have an autumn tradition of driving the Alpine Loop. Your family has traditions for everything! It's pretty special.

    ReplyDelete