Saturday, October 26, 2013

How Big is the Foot in your Mouth?

I am pretty much certain that every human being who has ever lived has at some point put their foot squarely in their mouth.  That is a phrase that refers to saying something embarrassing.  So, if you looked back at your life what embarrassments have you suffered?

Of course, since this is my post I feel it appropriate to start with an embarrassing moment in MY life. (There have been far too many to put in a post on blogspot).   I was 7 or 8 years old.  My Grandpa and Grandma had come to visit us.  Grandpa gave me a chocolate to eat.  I was thrilled!  I was allergic to chocolate at that point in my life.  My mama caught me AFTER I had put the chocolate in my mouth and was rejoicing in that creamy rush of heaven.  Mama said, "No, spit it out!"  Now one would honestly assume that I would spit it out in my OWN hand.  Grandpa still had his hand out from giving me the chocolate and I spit it in his outstretched hand.  To my dying day I will see Grandpa's confused, and just plain grossed out, look.  I looked down and realized that I had done something horrifying.  Nobody said anything.  Grandpa just wiped his hand off with handkerchief and we moved on.  That moment is still framed in my mind.  Grandpa's look of horror, Mom's look of embarrasment, and my longing to have the earth open up and swallow me whole.

OK...Now it's your turn.  Don't think too long.  Just go with the first moment that hits your mind.  I appreciate your sharing.  Just think of it as "Cleansing your palate," (think of how cool it must have been to come up with that gourmet eating and cooking term) or in this case cleansing  your mind and heart.

There will be no judging, this is an attempt to help us all realize that we are NOT alone on this bumpy, rough edged path called life.  As usual thanks for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment